- Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing SCAI, Sankt Augustin
- Fraunhofer Institute for Intelligent Analysis and Information Systems IAIS, Sankt Augustin
- Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology IME, Hamburg
- ZB MED – Informationszentrum Lebenswissenschaften, Köln
- Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) at Université du Luxembourg
Fraunhofer and ZBMED start a
The Fraunhofer institutes SCAI, IAIS and IME were contributing to the Pharmacome approach. They did not plan to enter the virology arena. However, when COVID-19 struck, Professor Juliane Fluck from the German Information Center for Life Sciences (ZBMED) in Cologne called us. Together, we started to build workflows for information extraction dedicated to SARS-CoV-2 biology and pathophysiology. A major focus was also on the identification of chemical compounds and candidate drugs for re-purposing approaches.